9.10.15

peak-a-boo II [when Venus kissed the moon and the sky blushed...]





It was another rare [perhaps - becoming less rare??] morning when I had again managed to steal alone, barefoot into the backyard.  It was around 5am and the first light of day laid the sky with a luminescent lilac backdrop, covered in large part with low, fast moving grey clouds, softly dripping rain. 

Then the clouds parted in the direction I was [fortunately] starring and I gasped aloud at the unexpected and unanticipated beauty of Venus kissing a crescent moon. 

Almost as soon as I realised the significance of the astronomical occurrence before me - those grey clouds again closed in and whisked the vision away... I quickly reasoned it was worth a race back inside to grab my camera and my phone, hoping I could do so without waking the children [or the dog - who in turn, then wakes the children!].  

Back out in the yard with clouds that seemed to be almost teasing, I quickly grabbed my iPhone and snapped the image above of Venus just brushing the moon's circumference; before a large mass of clouds kept my subjects  out of sight for ten minutes or more... 

Then with my camera and lens in hand I waited patiently for the clouds to cooperate as the sunrise began to work it's magic and the clouds blushed fluorescent... 













Watching the whole scene unfold - a pair of TI pigeons who have taken up residence in the neighbour's lychee tree...




and Djarragun's silhouette against the morning light... 






RELATED POSTS

under pleiades ...