6.5.14

the return of stephen bram ...




 'It's as if when I open myself up to every perception, 
things create their own focus...' 

[Kristin Cashore, Graceling]






This morning I woke and set for the garden, camera in hand.  Today is International Wishbone Day and I was seeking inspiration in the abundance of yellow blossoms illuminating the yard, and from creatures called to feast on the sumptuous pollen so close at hand.  Bees, butterflies, beetles and moths are all eager patrons - with one particularly large [bumble?] bee ever-present, yet evading my lens.  

It was during my efforts to capture this elusive subject, that another, more willing participant entered my vision with its striking and familiar decoration.  This moth, whom I have previously given the moniker Stephen Bram, fluttered towards me, then settled on a flower close to my hand - before commencing to gorge him/herself, utterly indifferent to my camera creeping ever closer...

Our reacquaintance was the unexpected highlight of a long awaited dry season day...

I am looking forward to our next meeting ...















1 x 1 x 1 = 2014