9.3.14

the simple act of stopping ... [to begin]




'Connection with gardens, even small ones, even potted plants, can become windows to the inner life.  The simple act of stopping and looking at the beauty around us can be a prayer...' 
[Patricia R Barrett]








Today saw a generous amount of time passing in quiet meditation on the beauty of simple pleasures and the joy of cultivating and tending to delicate chlorophyll-filled lifeforms.  My subjects were a group of small succulents that I purchased some months ago, each well past ready to explore life beyond the small plastic pots in which I first discovered them.  

So I stopped for a moment, to begin; to focus, not only on the individual beauty of each plant, but also the vessel into which each was to be transplanted.  I have decided that rather than opting for pots, a more enjoyable, meaningful and aesthetically pleasing arrangement is to upscale teapots, cups and glasses that I already hold dear, and then enjoy the process of meeting each 'pot' with its chosen plant.

I am looking forward to watching how each of the succulents merge with and adapt to their unique housings... 







'Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant'
[Robert Louis Stevenson]






1 x 1 x 1 = 2014 

Day 68: 9.3.14